Return to Sport
We offer return to sport programs needed to get you back to competing. It can be tempting to dismiss a Sports Injury or an injury lingering for some time as something minor and “get on with your day” as if it isn’t something more.
Stay Ahead of the Game:
Discover Strategies for Preventing and Treating Sports Injuries with Our Free Ebook
A Message From Dr. Tyler Sinda, Owner & Founder of Scottsdale Physical Therapy & Performance.
It’s easy to feel discouraged and stuck, wondering if you will ever be able again to play sports, perform at the same level or stay active.
You’re not the only one experiencing this. We see many people who go through it every day. We see people in Scottsdale with injuries from exercise and sports every day.
Traditional medical professionals and doctors will tell patients to rest or stop doing the activity. However, eliminating all activity is absurd and can cause more injury and increase your risk of future injuries. This is due to the expedited timeline of muscle atrophy from nonuse. Many athletes who have suffered a sports injury ask themselves this question:
“It’s Been Months Now - So Why Am I STILL Suffering With An Injury That’s Stopping Me From Being Active And Playing My Favorite Sport?”
Many people believe that a sports injury will heal quickly, and they can return to exercise or sports after a few days. However, when they return to exercising again, they are still limited – sometimes even worse than when it started. It is common to feel little or no pain when you are resting. But, once you get up again, it returns, and it doesn’t seem like it is getting better.
Does That Sound Like You?
We see this all the time at our Physical Therapy Clinic. People go to the doctor, are told to rest, use support, and “try these painkillers.” They return to the Doctor 4 weeks later because their injury isn’t improving. The doctor gives them more rest and prescribes more potent painkillers.
When it comes down to sports injuries, such as hamstring strains, ankle sprains, or runners’ knees, complete rest is not the best advice.
Maybe you are confused or frustrated because different things have been said to you by other people. For example, you might think you have a problem with your back, but in reality, the hip is the source of the problem.
Sports injuries can be confusing. Often, the source of the pain is due to multiple reasons. If you stop resting for too long, other body parts will become just as problematic, perhaps more so.
People often confuse “resting” with eliminating “working out,” which can lead them to procrastinate, put off deciding on what to do to fix their injury, and then give up on exercising again. Many people accept that their days of exercise are over, as though it’s normal.
Here’s 7 More Reasons Why your Return to Sport Process Could Be Lasting Longer Than It Should:
1. It seemed like it would disappear with time, but it didn’t.
2. The Doctor told you to rest and to wear a support. But the pills didn’t work, and you felt the pain every time you took them off.
3. Your friend or family member told you that sports injuries are more common as you age. So you just accepted it.
4. In the past, you sought help from other healthcare professionals or a physiotherapist, but they did not seem to be able to help.
5. Have you tried heating pads, ice, and sports supports? Of course, they haven’t helped the pain or allowed you to return to your exercise routine quickly.
6. Although you thought it would be wise to rest, you still feel pain daily.
7. Although you thought that a few sports massages would help with the pain, they didn’t do much to heal your injury.
We would love to help if any of these happened to you. To find out how we can help, please book a call with one of our physical therapists. It’s good that you have tried all or some of these things before. Knowing what didn’t work will help you find the right thing.
If you’d like sound advice over the phone, click the link below. After the call, there is no obligation to make any bookings. Instead, we aim to help you make the right decisions about what is next
Are you frustrated with your Return to Sport Process??
Here are four things you can do.
1. You must first decide whether you want to seek help. Many procrastinate and think the pain will “just go away with age.” Six months later, they are still suffering and putting up with it. It gets worse: they still avoid exercising or playing sports.
2. Next, ensure you do the right exercises – using the correct sequence of movements is essential to speed up your recovery from injury. The proper practices will reduce pain and help you move more freely so you can return to sport quickly – and ensure that you don’t have to worry about the problem again.
3. Take a little rest – although rest is essential for recovery, it won’t help you get better quickly. Many people think that exercise is the only way to recover. However, for an injury to heal, blood flow must be maintained. Rest does not allow it. To get you back to your best, receiving the appropriate rehabilitation and strengthening exercises and hands-on treatment would be a great idea.
4. Realistic, hands-on Physical Therapy – Physical therapy has been proven effective in treating sports injuries. Scottsdale Physical Therapy & Performance helps people with sports injuries throughout the year. In addition, Scottsdale Physical Therapy & Performance can help you get back to the life you want.
Scottsdale Physical Therapy & Performance Clinic offers a free consultation that will allow you to learn more about how we can help you get back to active living.
Note: This Free Total Body Diagnostic session is something that we offer to people who are very nervous or skeptical about Physical Therapy – unsure of its benefits or if it is right for them. If that sounds like you, then please start with a Free Total Body Diagnostic session so that we can work with you to find out what is wrong and what can be done – without any financial risk on your part.
So The Next Question Is...
"How Can Choosing To See A Physical Therapist At Scottsdale Physical Therapy & Performance Help You Get Rid Of Your Sports Injury And Return To Sport?"
Scottsdale Physical Therapy & Performance’s Physical Therapy team can help you return to your favorite exercise and eliminate the annoying and frustrating sports injuries you have.